Union Forum: How can Christians respond to unjust policing?
- Union Forum: Chaplaincy & COVID-19
- Union Forum: What should white Christians do about racism?
- Union Forum: Why do racist symbols have to go?
- Union Forum: How can Christians respond to unjust policing?
- Union Forum: Reimagining Community and Public Safety
- Union Forum: Caste and Race: Solidarity Across the Oceans
The police killings of George Floyd and other Black Americans has reignited debate about policing in the United States. How can the Bible and theology speak to questions of immorality and racism in law enforcement? How can people of faith bear witness to an unjust system and advocate for change?
Join us as we examine systemic issues involved in policing: lack of training, inadequate accountability, and imbalanced financial priorities.
Sponsored by Union Presbyterian Seminary’s Center for Social Justice and Reconciliation and Katie Geneva Cannon Center for Womanist Leadership.
Top photo: Protesters in Richmond, VA. (Photo by Richmond Free Press.)