Our Charlotte campus is nestled in the heart of the Queen City, Charlotte, North Carolina. Although we are not a residential campus, we do have many wonderful amenities to offer students who are commuting on the weekends.
Amenities include free and abundant parking adjacent to our building as well as being near to many restaurants in the SouthPark area, which affords access to numerous dining options within easy driving distance.
Every Saturday at noon we have worship with our students in the campus chapel.
There are also many events of interest open to our students that are hosted on the nearby Queens campus, as well as cultural and social events happening in and around Charlotte.
How do we shape community?
- Weekly worship led by members of the faith community, faculty members or students
- By being part of a “Cohort” (the group of students with whom you enter classes with in the fall)
- On-line communities on BlackBoard and other forums like Facebook
- Faculty presence on campus; Professors who are regularly available to meet with students
- Carpooling with other commuting students from your area
- Forming study groups
- Special events hosted by the seminary
- Informal gatherings such as meals in-between or after classes with other students and faculty
- Building relationships with “Friday Friends” for those needing overnight accommodations
- M.A.C.E. and M.Div. students take classes together