How to Use the UPSEM SONIS Online Application
The SONIS application is only one part of the application process.
Please visit our applications page for complete lists of application requirements for each degree program.
Getting Started With SONIS
Steps to complete an online application:
- Go to UPSEM SONIS website
- Select APPLY ONLINE
- Select CREATE NEW APPLICATION
- Select the degree program you are interested in applying for from the Choose Application to Apply For dropdown box.
- Complete the form with your name, phone, birth date, email, and create a pin for your account.
- Click submit
- Once you click submit, you will be directed to a new page. Please click on Continue an Application in Progress
Continue an Application in Progress
- Go to UPSEM SONIS website
- Click on CONTINUE AN APPLICATION IN PROGRESS
- Enter your email address and pin
How do I fill out an application?
Once you have a SONIS account, you can begin filling out your UPSEM application. You can either complete the application and submit it in one sitting, or save your work and continue it at a later time. When filling out your application:
- There are several sections that you will need to complete.
- You will need to save each section prior to moving on to the next section. Click save at the bottom of each section to save your responses.
How do I submit an application?
Check your work carefully. When you are satisfied with it and are ready to send it to us, click on the Submit Application section of the application. If a required section or item has not been completed, then you will be alerted to the items that need to be completed in the Submit Application section. You will not be able to submit your application until these items are completed. Once all required sections and items are completed, you will be able to create a PDF version of your application, create a PDF version of additional questions, and submit your application. To submit your application, click SUBMIT. You will receive an email confirming your application was submitted.
How do I pay my application fee?
There is no application fee if an application is submitted prior to Feb 15. Further details about paying application fees after Feb 15th and requesting a fee waiver, will be available at a later date.
How do I log into SONIS after my application is submitted?
Once you have submitted an application, please use the below steps to access your account and check the status of your application:
- Go to UPSEM SONIS website.
- Click on LOGIN
- Select APPLICANT
- Log in with your email address and pin.
- Once you log in, you will be able to see the status of your application and you will also be able to see a checklist of additional items that we have received as part of your application and items that are outstanding.
If you have questions or need help with submitting your application, please contact Bonnie Hoffman in Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-278-4221.