The Office of the Registrar
The primary function of the Registrar’s Office is to maintain academic records. We serve students in a number of ways:
- Class registration, including helping students navigate cross-registrations
- Courses that meet the Church in the World degree requirement
- Ordering transcripts or enrollment verifications
- Providing academic plans (also known as graduation audits)
- General advising (specific advising should come from the student’s faculty advisor)
- Scheduling class room space
- Posting lists of textbooks on Blackboard and Cokesbury online
- Ensuring student privacy in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Providing access to Union Presbyterian Seminary's inclement weather policy for the Charlotte and Richmond campuses
- Providing access to Academic Calendars, Catalogs and Handbooks (The catalogs contain the academic calendars for all campuses, UPSem academic policies, and other academic year information)
Loan Deferments and Veteran's Benefits
The Registrar's Office processes loan deferrments and helps veterans procure benefits. Enrolled students may submit their academic loan deferment forms or veteran benefit forms to the Registrar's Office for completion. It is the individual student’s responsibility to submit these forms in a timely fashion and to provide accurate mailing addresses for their delivery. Students with questions may contact the Registrar's Office at 1-800-229-2990 ext. 233 or 804-278-4233.
The Registrar's Office can also help you obtain information about:
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Stan Hargraves, Registrar (1-800-229-2990 ext. 379 or 804-278-4379) or Carolyn Day Pruett Assistant to the Registrar (1-800-229-2990 ext. 233 or 804-278-4233).