This section contains programs designed to increase skills and knowledge in a structured curriculum that leads to certification in that program area. Two certificate programs are offered by the Leadership Institute:
- A certificate program is offered in Church Business Administration in conjunction with The Church Network.
- The Leadership Institute, with the support of the Educator Certification Committee, is also pleased to offer innovative hybrid courses for Presbyterian Church (USA) Christian Educator Certification.
Church Business Administration Certification in Charlotte
Cost: $435 for all five seminars; $100 per day for individual seminars (a two-day seminar is $200) ~ this price includes lunch on each day of the seminar.
Church Business Administration Certification in Richmond
July 18-27, 2017 – includes one day for the four required CEU classes, on the Richmond campus
Cost: $770 for both weeks, including the CEU classes on Saturday, July 22; $670 for core seminars for both weeks; $335 for one week of core seminars; $100 per day for individual seminars (a two-day seminar is $200) ~ this price includes lunch on each day of the seminar.
Click here for more information and registration for Church Business Administration seminars in Richmond for 2017.
Note: You do not need to be seeking certification to take the seminars.
Christian Educator Certification Hybrid Courses
Courses designed to meet the requirements for Christian Educator Certification in the Presbyterian Church (USA) ~ these are hybrid courses; most of the work will be done at home, then there will be three days on campus in Richmond or Charlotte, depending on the course ~ cost per course is $295. You do not need to be seeking certification to take the course. Pastors, educators, church leaders, and Christian education committee members are encouraged to consider this course.
Aspects of Human Growth and Faith Development: January – February, 2017. At-home work begins on January 16. On-campus time (Charlotte) is February 14-16, 2017. For more information and to register, click here.
Reformed Theology: April – May, 2017. At-home work begins on April 3. On-campus time (Richmond) is May 2-5, 2017. For more information and to register, click here.
Upcoming Christian Educator Certification courses:
- September 5 – October 5, 2017 (on-campus 10/3-5): Presbyterian Polity, Program, and Mission (Richmond)
- January 8 – February 8, 2018 (on-campus 2/6-8): Worship and Sacraments (Richmond)
- April 16 – May 17, 2018 (on-campus May 15-17): Biblical Interpretation (Charlotte)