Charlotte Campus 20th Anniversary
Nearly 20 years ago, an intrepid group of Union Presbyterian Seminary students gathered in shared classroom space at Queens University in Charlotte, NC. This coming year, 2022, marks the seminary’s 20th anniversary in the Charlotte area. Over these 20 years, the leadership structure has remained unchanged, despite the campus quadrupling in size, doubling the number of degrees offered, and moving into its own facilities. To help the seminary move forward boldly into the future, a more nimble, expanded leadership structure is needed to match the growth of the campus. Lending their names to this effort, John and Missy Kuykendall — longtime supporters and friends of the Seminary — will be honored for their dedication and synonymy with wise and faithful leadership through the creation of an endowment to fund a new administrative vice president over the Charlotte campus. This new structure will free up a professor to teach full-time in the classroom while, also, providing a strong public face and dedicated leadership over the Charlotte campus.
Ways to give include:
- Multiyear Pledges – payable over up to a five-year period
- Charlotte Society – for donors who give or pledge a minimum of $5,000. This group meets annually with the dean/vice president at a community meal to learn about the state of the Seminary and its immediate and future efforts to educate and lead.
- A Gift in Honor or Memory of a group or individual.
- 20 for 20 Challenge – with the arrival of the 20th anniversary of the Charlotte campus in 2022, the 20 for 20 Challenge encourages donors to give $20 per month for 20 months.
- A One-time Gift
- A Legacy Gift through wills, life insurance, IRA disbursements, as part of annuities, etc.
Save these 20th-anniversary event dates!
- January 11, 2022: Currie Family Lecture
- January 29, 2022: Special 20th Anniversary chapel service
- February 2, 2022: Pause and Pray as this is our actual 20th anniversary moment
- April 2, 2022: Fun Run and Walk
- April 8, 2022: Catered 20th Anniversary dinner
- April 9, 2022: Union Homecoming following graduation
- April 26, 2022: Campus art dedication and lecture