Union Presbyterian Seminary equips Christian leaders for ministry in the world — a sacred vocation that requires deep learning, commitment to service, and an ability to read culture and circumstance in the light of the rich resources of scripture and theological tradition.
The seminary's core mission is to participate in the mission of the church by forming and equipping leaders for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ (Eph 4:12). As a theological institution of the Presbyterian Church (USA) standing within the Reformed tradition,
• We confess the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
• We weave together distinctive approaches to theological education for pastoral and educational ministries.
• We educate, inspire, and empower leaders for congregational life, theological scholarship, and bold Christian service to the world.
• We serve as a theological resource for church and society.
• We are a catalyst for the transformation of the church, and through the church, the world.
» Strategic Plan for Union Presbyterian Seminary