Master of Divinty/Master of Arts in Christian Education (Dual Degree)
Charlotte and Richmond campuses
- Students in this program plan to make Christian education a significant part of their ministry, whether or not they seek ordination.
- Dual degree graduates serve as associate pastors of Christian education, youth ministers, hospital chaplains, campus ministers, camp and conference directors, “solo” pastors with a full range of responsibilities, and in other roles.
Candidates for the M.Div./M.A.C.E. program normally must have received a bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university accredited by one of the nationally-recognized regional accrediting agencies in the United States, or hold an equivalent educational credential from another country.
An interview with a member of the faculty is required. There are three ways in which you may interview: in person on either campus, by Skype, or by phone. Please contact Tanya Wineland, Admissions Outreach Coordinator, at 804.278.4221 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your interview.
Residency and Time Requirements
Students may earn both a Master of Arts in Christian Education degree and a Master of Divinity degree (M.Div./M.A.C.E.) in four years on the Richmond campus, or seven years on the Charlotte campus.
Summary of Requirements for the M.Div./M.A.C.E. Degree
Required Courses (81 hours)
Biblical Languages (12 hours)
Biblical Studies (12 hours)
Theology, Ethics, and History (15 hours)
Practical Theology/Education and Ministry (24 hours)
- PRA 102 - Introduction to Pastoral Care
- PRA 103 - Introduction to Preaching and Worship
- Preaching and Worship elective
- EDU 127 - Worship, Sacraments, and Education
- EDU 166 - The Christian Life
- EDU 186 - The Teaching Ministry
- EDU 263 - Theory for Education in Religion
- EDU 272 - Aspects of Human Growth and Development
Church in the World (9 hours) For more information about these courses, click here.
Supervised Ministry (9 hours)
Elective Courses (39 hours)
(including 12 hours of EDU electives)
Total 120 hours