Master of Divinty (M.Div.)
Charlotte and Richmond campuses
- Students come to seminary for the M.Div. degree program in search of knowledge, skills for ministry, and a profound experience in community of the gospel’s liberating power.
- Graduates of the Master of Divinity program serve in various capacities and ministerial settings: churches, camps, hospitals, schools, non-profit organizations, conference centers, and ecclesial governing bodies.
Candidates for the M.Div. program normally must have received a bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university accredited by one of the nationally-recognized regional accrediting agencies in the United States, or hold an equivalent educational credential from another country.
An interview with a member of the faculty is required. There are three ways in which you may interview: in person on either campus, by Skype, or by phone. Please contact Tanya Wineland, Admissions Outreach Coordinator, at 804.278.4221 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your interview.
Residency and Time Requirements
The M.Div. program ordinarily takes at least three years to complete on the Richmond campus, or five years on the Charlotte campus.
Summary of Course Requirements for the M.Div. Degree
Required courses (66 hours)
Biblical Languages (12 hours)
Biblical Studies (12 hours)
Theology, Ethics & History (15 hours)
Practical Theology/Education and Ministry (12 hours)
- EDU186 - Teaching Ministry of the Church
- PRA 102 - Introduction to Pastoral Care
- PRA 103 - Introduction to Preaching and Worship
- Preaching and Worship elective (from set of approved electives)
Church in the World (9 hours) For more information about these courese, click here.
Supervised Ministry (6 hours)
Elective courses (24 hours)
Total 90 hours