Step-by-Step Basic Application Process
Forming Leaders. Transforming the Church.
Basic Degree Application
These steps can be completed in any order. Applications are not reviewed by our Faculty Admissions Committee until all steps are completed.
1. Complete online application. We recommend you complete an online application for admission. The application for 2017-2018 will be available Septemeber 1. Frequently asked questions about the online application system can be found here. If you have limited access to the Internet, you may download, print, and fill out a paper application.
2. Send application fee*
January 1 - no fee
February 1 - $45 fee
March 1 - $75 fee
*Charlotte and ECP applicants - $65 fee
3. Contact and inform three references. If you have completed the online application, your references will receive an email asking them to fill out an online evaluation form. We highly recommend that references be (a) an Academic or Supervisor (b) your Pastor or (c) a Personal. We do not accept family or current student references. You can also download a paper evaluation.
4. Request all transcripts. Official (signed and sealed) transcripts from ALL previously attended academic institutions are required. Institutions can email eScripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Complete a background check. A background check is required of all applicants who are US Citizens, Resident Aliens, and International Applicants who have lived in the US for more than two years. To order your background check, go to the CastleBranch website, enter “ua37” into the Package Code field and click go. Review and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use, then click continue to proceed to payment and confirmation.
Mail all materials to:
Union Presbyterian Seminary, Attn: Admissions
3401 Brook Road, Richmond, VA 23227
- Materials may be faxed to (800) 665-8679.
- For questions about the application process, contact Tanya Wineland at email@example.com or 804-278-4221.
Director of Admissions-Richmond Associate Director of Admissions-Charlotte
Rev. Mairi Renwick Rev. Lisa McLennan