Step-by-Step Advanced Application Process
Forming Leaders. Transforming the Church.
Advanced Degree Application
Master of Theology (Th.M) Deadline to Apply: March 1
These steps can be completed in any order. Applications are not reviewed until all steps are completed.
1. Complete online application. We recommend you complete an online application for admission. The application for 2017-2018 will be available Septemeber 1. Frequently asked questions about the online application system can be found here. If you have limited access to the internet, you may download, print, and fill out a paper application.
2. Send application fee*
January 1 - no fee
February 1 - $45 fee
March 1 - $75 fee
3. Contact and inform three references. If you have completed the online application, your references will receive an email asking them to fill out an online evaluation form. You can also download a paper evaluation.
4. Request all transcripts. Official (signed and sealed) transcripts from ALL previously attended academic institutions are required. Institutions can email eScripts to email@example.com.
5. Complete a background check. A background check is required of all applicants who are US Citizens, Resident Aliens, and International Applicants who have lived in the US for more than two years. To order your background check, go to the CastleBranch website, enter “ua37” into the Package Code field and click go. Review and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use, then click continue to proceed to payment and confirmation.
7. Interview with a faculty member. An interview with both the Director of Graduate Studies and a (the) member of faculty with whom you wish to study are required. Email Tanya Wineland to make arrangements.
Mail all materials to:
Union Presbyterian Seminary, Attn: Admissions
3401 Brook Road, Richmond, VA 23227
- Materials may be faxed to (800) 665-8679.
- For questions about the application process, contact Tanya Wineland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-278-4221.